Until a few months ago, whenever my son would ask to watch 'Tom and Jerry' during dinner, I would always reply with ' Tom and Jerry have also gone to have dinner. So they can't come on TV ' .And it always worked. That is until last week :) This time, when I gave him the same explanation, he replied with ' Appa, no joking ' :D
My son created a greeting card for my birthday. Among other things, it says " Be smiling Appa". And then he offered me a suggestion - " Appa, whenever you feel sad, look at my card. You will then feel happy ". How did he figure this out at 5 ?
When our son turned about 3, we got him a real bicycle with support wheels. After about 6 months, my wife felt it was time for us to remove the support wheels and that it was time to teach him "proper' cycling :) I felt it was a bit too early, but my wife was confident. So,, she took off the support wheels, and took him out to cycle every evening. This was also the time I no longer had work from home, and I was flooded with work. After about a week of trying to teach my son to cycle, my wife came back to me and said " It's only the men who are teaching the kids to cycle. Women can't handle this. So, you teach him ' ;p So, I started. The trouble was figuring out where to hold the cycle while he pedalled the bicycle. I tried holding the handlebars for a while, but quickly realized it was too intrusive. Pretty much the only other option was holding the backseat. Now, this required me to bend down a lot, and I was struggling with backpain in about 10 minutes....
Comments
Post a Comment